Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Terminatrix

Last night my daughter came down with a mild version on the bug that Brian Nation has dubbed The Terminator. She didn't sleep well through the night, consequently neither did I. Then she was up early in the morning with the heaves - ahh, the joys of fatherhood.

I'm not so good at pulling those all-nighters as I used to be, so by late afternoon I was beat. I was stumbling to the bedroom for a nap and happened to look out the window. The outside light was pink due to the combination of a bit of a sunset effect and the street lights coming on. In my dazed state, I was sure I was looking at fresh cherry blossoms in the tree outside our bedroom window. Springtime already!

What a rube. Especially since I had been out earlier in the afternoon.

For any non-Vancouverites reading this, it was six inches of powder snow.

No comments: